Internal audits are used to evaluate the effectiveness of and assess conformity to documented Procedures and Work Instructions. It is a tool to identify opportunities for improvement as well. Internal audits are also preparation for external audits and demonstrate that a manufacturer’s ISO 9001 Quality Management System is effective. During an internal audit, a manufacturer’s quality system is measured against the requirements of the standard. A group of trained internal auditors is selected from within the company to perform these audits. More than just a method of checking practice against procedure, internal audits are a powerful tool in manufacturing improvement processes. Audit results are examined in Management Review meetings, and they have proven a valuable tool for regularly assessing the status of the company.
Effective internal audits can produce tangible results through better efficiency, increased productivity, better planning, and reduced scrap and rework. Well-performed audits give employees a chance to work together who may not have had that chance before. Auditors are assigned to areas outside of their normal sphere of activity for interdepartmental education and to ensure thorough audits. Though ISO 9001 doesn’t specifically address health and safety, the internal audit process can have a positive impact on safety performance. An effective employee training process and well-written work instructions contribute to an effective safety program.
Employees are encouraged to contribute to the audit process and they see improvements based on their input. This is a powerful motivator and enhances a culture of employee engagement. Being an internal auditor makes one a part of the Quality Management System. When one has a stake in the success they are more motivated to participate. It also makes one more knowledgeable of the QMS to enhance the processes in their departments – skills learned from internal auditor training are applicable to many tasks.
Abacus Quality System Services (AQSS) is the organization that offers distinctive services and one of them is auditing. In the internal audits, AQSS will send the best auditors to do the conformance checks to identify gaps and identify opportunities for improving processes. Abacus Quality Training Services (AQTS), a sister concern of AQSS, is the training organization that offers distinctive training courses including course on internal quality audits.
Like many things in life, planning is the surest way to guarantee success. As an internal auditor, you want your internal audit program to successfully garner you the benefits and improvements that it is designed to give. To do this, you want to ensure you are properly trained and guarantee that your competence as an internal auditor is verifiable, as this is a key element in your success. Plan ahead to be a competent internal auditor and you can build on the success that comes from good audit findings.
Technicality is an integral part of any business process. Every business has its own technicality which needs to be checked occasionally. When we say technical it implies a process, system or proposal, with certain technicality which needs to be checked intermittently for quality aspect. As we all know quality is vital for any business, and must be checked from all perspectives to make it consistent throughout the business. Technical audit is vital and is done to check the quality aspects in technical areas.
Advantages of technical audit
- Technical aspect of a business process are evaluated.
- If a new proposal is given, the auditor might check it for any mistakes or errors.
- Immediate solutions can be provided.
- Subject matter experts may be trained as auditors to check on the technicalities of a process.
- This audit will generate detailed report about the technical aspect of the business.
- Quality is assured and consistency established because of the audit.
- The auditor gains an in-depth understanding and knowledge about the technical systems and processes.
Abacus quality system services offers technical audit service for the industry. In this audit auditor will check the entire technical aspect of the processes and gives a detailed report about the areas that need immediate attention and rectification. This audit allows a business to maintain the integrity of its business processes and ensure consistency without compromising on quality.
When we mention quality it means there will be audit, because audit is nothing but doing a check on the way the process is working to rule out any errors. Quality management of a supplier is essential as it will affect the company’s image that is outsourcing the work to a vendor or other company. There is a detailed or set procedure that needs to be followed to check the supplier quality; this is where supplier audit procedure comes into place. This is done to maintain supplier quality management smoothly so that the end product will be of best quality.
Benefits of supplier audit procedure
- It will ensure that the supplier completes the work according to the standard.
- Quality is best maintained.
- All the production and manufacturing standards are met.
- Detailed report is made by the auditor.
- The management will have an idea about the work done by the outsourced party.
- Abacus quality system services provide this service to its clients which ensuresquality finished products.
- The relation between the vendor and the company strengthens.
- Auditors do a great job for the company with proper checks and following the procedure.
Abacus quality system services offer supplier audit procedure to their clients who have outsourced the work to another company. The work is then checked thoroughly and a detailed report is made for the management to see and maintain quality in a consistent manner.
If you want to know more about supplier audit procedure then please feel free to call us 713-789-0885and we will be glad to help you.
“On May 3rd, 2018. DAS Certification (USA) hosted an ISO 9001:2015 Seminar at Top Golf – Houston.
The event brought together Professionals of Quality field including auditors and consultants from all over the Houston Metropolitan Area. DAS Certification (USA) President, Safi Qudsi, presented the professionals with a Lessons Learned seminar and a review of the challenges being faced in implementation and certification of ISO 9001:2015 standard. The auditors and consultants were able to take new knowledge about the standards in hopes of helping out clients not to well familiarized with the content just yet. The evening ended with a nice game of golf and that beautiful Houston sunset. We hope to host more events in the future with even more quality professionals, auditors and consultants around the Greater Houston area.”
There are different organizations that depend on third party for raw materials and other products. The businesses that depend on third party are construction, food, engineering companies and plant owners depend on third party for certain raw materials. It is important that these materials are of best quality and fulfill the purpose of the company that has ordered the materials. In order to ensure that the products supplied by the third party are of best quality, third party inspection should be put in place. This inspection would keep the third party alert and they will always end up sending the best of materials to the company.
Advantages of third party inspection
- This keeps the vendor alert while sending the goods to the company.
- The relationship between the supplier and the company is strengthened due to the inspection.
- The manufacturing and production process is inspected thoroughly by the third party inspector.
- Any wrong doing is immediately rectified or the materials that are damaged are rejected during the checks.
- The inspector goes to the site to check the production and manufacturing process and to assess if they meet the entire quality standard.
- Because of third party inspection the customers are sure to get quality products from the company.
Inspection is important in any business; it automatically ensures quality and long lasting products for the consumers and the clients alike. This inspection is important to ensure supply of better products and quality materials in the market.